I suggest you ...

Build plate size as an option

When defining your hub printers, it would be good it we could enter a max build plate size, ie 150mm x 150mm x120mm.
3d hubs could then reject prints that are too big. I hate having to reject orders because customers are not advised of sizes available.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • schlotzzschlotzz commented  · 

This featue is absolutely essential. Even if the max build volume is stated in the hub description, I had to decline more than 50% orders due to size limitations.

• Sergio RomeroSergio Romero commented  · 

This is sorely needed, specially since we customize our machines all the time, at least on FDM

• Bo HerrmannsenBo Herrmannsen commented  · 

to the comments...

i have a self build Mendel90 and i would like to change the build plate

I have been told that i need to ask to have a custom Mendel90 added....

and i was told that 3dhubs subtract 10% - just to be safe

now imagine all the self builds out there... what a workload 3dhubs have which could be much less if it was a setting (at least for the self build ones).

and we would be 100% in charge of our build volume and not only 90% in charge :-D

• LaurentLaurent commented  · 

If I understand well, 3d hub is already aware of printer sizes thanks to their metadata on available printers list. So if a customer is asking for a 500mm tall part, it wont show the Up mini hub first ;-) .

BUT, my printer, delta, 550mm tall print volume, aint listed. so I did send dimensions of our custom printer to 3dhubs, and the printer is show with a question mark for icon. Also, as I got no feedback about my submition and no way to check, I'm not even sure that the dimensions configured are ok. An improvement would be to at least be able to see, somewhere, that the dimensions are accurate.

Please 3dhub, would you check and confirm that our Delta is configured properly in your system?

• Bo HerrmannsenBo Herrmannsen commented  · 

yes allready done, but not as a settings so it can be changed at will

you will have to add a custom printer fot that.

adding it as a setting under printers would be a plus and will take some workload off the admin staff

• RobertRobert commented  · 

I think this is already done per printer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base