Associate filament princing to multiple printers, and multiple brands
I have 4 printers. Lets say I print both ABS and PLA in red, black and white, at the same price for the same resolution. I also print Nylon, but only on two of them. I also offer two resolutions: 100 and 200 microns.
If I would create my 4 printers today, I would need to:
0. Create my first printer;
1. Create pricing for PLA, 3 colors, 100 microns
2. Add pricing for 200 microns
3. Copy this princing and rename it to ABS;
4. Create my next printer;
5. Redo steps 1 to 3 for that second printer;
6. Go back to step 4 2 more times.
That totals 12 steps. If real life, as I offer much more different filaments, It would require something like a full day to encode everything again in each printer.
My suggestion is:
- Allow multiple filament types under ONE pricing (Example: FlexFill + FillaFlex)
- Allow multiple printers for ONE pricing (Example: the price I edit under my prusa for PLA is also updated for my FF)
- Allow copying these pricings to other printers (simple copy, not shared as my previous suggestion).
- Dettach a link to other printers when you really want to customize prices for one of them
If it would be like that, this would be my new steps:
1. Create printer 1 to 4;
2. Create one pricing for ABS+PLA shared on 4 printers;
That totals 5 very quick steps for my example. It also spares me hours of work to set them up. And last, it encourages me to update my prices more often.
The flow of adding materials and pricing to your hub is indeed quite complicated. We’re looking at ways to simplify this proces, but is not on top of the list to implement at this point in time.