I suggest you ...

Add a "Vacation" setting or "Temporarily offline"

If a hub owner is going on vacation or to a conference for a week or two it would be nice to have a vacation mode or a temporarily offline mode. There could be one toggle switch with a corresponding date field that takes the hub printers offline but still allows the hub to show in search results. The difference being that it has a message stating something to the effect of "This hub is temporarily offline and will resume accepting orders on (date)". This way existing customers know you're still around, and, potential new customers may see still view your hub and even be willing to wait the x days until you're available again if they like what they see over the other hubs available.

Taking printers offline and disappearing from search results is a bit of a penalty IMHO and I don't think a hub should be penalized for taking vacation or going out of town on a business trip.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Doug Zimmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Blair Nichols commented  · 

Any update on this feature and the response time calculations?

• Björn commented  · 

When I put my printer offline, I still get messages from existing customers who use the old orders to add another reply. This is kind of forcing me to reply, even when on holiday.

Therefor, to add to the original idea, it would also be good to have an autoreply for these cases, and of course pause the calculation of response time while offline.

• Zapaer Alip commented  · 

@Admin, yay! This is a feature I look forward too.

• Alvin commented  · 

I just joined recently and I was thinking of the same issue. I totally support this idea, especially the part where a hub should not be penalized for taking off days. However, we have to balance out by giving some sort of incentives for the "hard workers" who never really takes vacation.

Perhaps, the solution is not to remove a 'temporarily offline' hub but putting them in lower priorities?

Feedback and Knowledge Base