I suggest you ...

Separate single file multi part models

I've noticed more and more that customers are putting multiple parts in the same model file to avoid paying the multiple print charge. The reality is that some prints will print better when the parts are separated and will lead to less failed prints.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mattjames03mattjames03 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NoNaymNoNaym commented  · 

I have been receiving Instant Orders from customers who ordered multiple parts, but uploaded a single STL file with multiple parts in it. This is very frustrating, not only for the Hub, but also for the customer. The Hub has to choose whether they either want to lose out on their usual startup fees, or add them onto the order. If the missing startup fees are added to the order, a customer whom already paid for their order will be very confused and may decide not to even proceed with their order (i.e. they request a refund and cancel the order); Or the customer will end up paying much more than they initially expected to. PLEASE FIX THIS 3D HUBS!!!

• Rhys RichardsRhys Richards commented  · 

I too had a multiple part file today.
        After printing I noticed some detail was missing!
        This was due on examination, to the wall thickness on a couple of features being 0.4mm with a +/-0.1mm tolerance, they were 0.3mm.
        And the resolution being very low.
        After scrutinising it on my cad package.
        I despatched the parts any way with this not being my fault.
        But if the parts had been separate, I could have flipped the part to print upper most and retained the detail for the customer, who will now no doubt give a bad rating for the print, when there were design errors in his model, which could not be seen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base