I suggest you ...

Ability for HUBS to review the CUSTOMER

I believe customers should be able to get reviewed by a hub.

The customer doesn't necessarily need to be able to see the review, just other hubs.

This could benefit both parties.
Examples:

"Tim was a pleasure to work with while also being new to 3dhubs and printing" -Lets the hub know he may not understand 3dhubs or printing completely, so explain the process as you go.

"Tim has unrealistic expectations for 3d printing" - Lets the hub know Tim may give you a rating that breaks that perfect 5/5 stars.

"Tim took his time with replying" -Lets the hub know to give him time and not to cancel

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan O shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Admin3D Hubs (Founder, 3D Hubs) responded  · 

It’s not on top of the list for this year as we’re focussing on materials and printability. We will re-review the list next year.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan O commented  · 

I do agree customers should have all the power. Customers always come first in my book. But in this case(3dhubs), is more peer to peer like stated by Masee Khan, similar to eBay and aliexpress. Reviewing the customer doesn't always have to be negative either, It could be helpful to the customer and the hub. Maybe it’s a little different than how eBay and aliexpress works but the general idea. I'd like to think of it like doctor’s records in a way. Let’s say the hub left in his/her review of the customer “Very nice to work with - Tom doesn’t like the way regular support material looks”. Well bam, now the next hub to get Tom as a customer knows to offer different alternatives. Most customers aren’t very educated on 3d printing, it would be nice to know from prior hubs reviews where the customer stands.

Good idea? Bad idea?

• Zapaer Alip commented  · 

This needs to be implemented. They know it needs to be implemented. But they are pushing it off to the future, it's not a high priority for them it seems. That's the impression I got from my email conversations with one of their execs.

Until then, customers have all the power.

• Masee Khan commented  · 

I believe all mediation services like ebay, alibaba, aliexpress has this. Both buyer and the seller on those sites gets ratings. So, i believe, it is only logical that 3D HUBS should have this.

If I may add more, hubs should have the option not to accept any orders or enquiries from customers with 'bad' ratings.

• Jim Heaney commented  · 

I'd love this. I've worked with some terrible customers, and I'd love to be able to warn others.

Feedback and Knowledge Base