I suggest you ...

discount

Educational discounts are great for students to get their projects done, but I do see a lot of abuse with this. I know that there are people that aren't students that are using the educational discount on parts, and students that are using it for their own use, ie. game pieces. This kind of goes to another suggestion that states if we have the ability to privately rate customers, we could at least have something there that states that they have been abusing their student discount or such.

I am not looking for you to vet these users, that is my option to deny the order if I think they are abusing it. But I would like to provide feedback for other hubs, and possibly have 3dHubs look at that over time.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael FranchinoMichael Franchino shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael FranchinoMichael Franchino commented  · 

Fred - Yes, i get lots of those. But, when someone is printing game pieces for a table top game that they got off of Thingiverse, I tend to think that they are not for a class, but for their personal use. Again, I always have the option of not doing it. Just wish that it was a little more "structured"

• Fred BaumgartnerFred Baumgartner commented  · 

There are students with majors that would use printing for things that look like personal items. Art, design, marketing etc.

• Bo HerrmannsenBo Herrmannsen commented  · 

it could be done so that the user has to upload a scan of their student id

that would take the job of vetting the user away and make it easy for the hub to vet them, no student id no discount, expired student id no discount

you should get my drift here.... hub should be able to verify things

• Anonymous commented  · 

I also experienced this. I fully support it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base