I suggest you ...

Prevent submitting the same order to multiple hubs in parallel

Please read until the end.

I had a customer who submitted an order that I quickly accepted after checking the model and slicing it to check for printability issues, the customer didn't pay immedialety. I ended up asking him to pay a few days layer.

The customer told me that he's waiting for a "quote" from another hub. Maybe he's too dumb to see the prices and delivery costs at the first plate when he submitted the order.

This time consuming for everybody trying to check the order and spending time contacting the customer.

I suggest 3D Hubs to detect this kind of behavior by checking stl file md5 checksum, and prevent the customers from submitting the same model to a different hub UNTIL they pay the first Hub they requested or cancel it.

I don't want to prevent bug customers with big orders who want to print multiple copies by multiple hubs at the same time from doing so. So this limitation could apply only to new hubs or hubs with less that X completed orders.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jalal shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bo Herrmannsen commented  · 

"So this limitation could apply only to new hubs or hubs with less that X completed orders"

I hope you mean new customers?

But yes i will give this my vote too,

Feedback and Knowledge Base