I suggest you ...

Order prints via quality level

To explain this, you would need to see my online print ordering screen located at www.MarkHeller3d.com

I've found that 90% of users have no idea what 200 microns is. They don't know what 3 perimeter shells are and they don't know what 3 solid top layers mean. They do know what low quality is. They do know what high quality is.

Currently, someone uploads a file and they get a price. There aren't that many things they can change on their print order and what is there (like micron resolution) they don't understand.

I'm a retire software developer so I wrote my own file upload and quoting system and solved the issue by providing customers 5 different quality levels.

Inexperienced and unknowledgeable users will understand low quality vs high quality and for the more technical I place the parameters there as well to help them understand the different print quality levels.

What this provides is a selection of print quality in understandable terms. For a rough prototype they can choose a less costly method and for final prints a higher quality for a higher price. Clients get what they want at a price that they want.

Not everybody wants the same thing.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)